Sunday, July 19, 2015

the happiness project: new desk

At some point during June, I bought a beautiful desk at an estate sale in the neighborhood. It took a little maneuvering, and negotiating with my sister to get her to take my old dresser, but I finally have the desk set up.

Here's the room before the desk - (this is from January, right after I painted & re-arranged)


The purple lamp is leftover from when we moved into the house (it matched the lavender walls). I had since replaced the lamp, but I was doing all of my schoolwork on my bed in the meantime, and Kelsey was always coming in to use the mirror. 

Since coming home, I've put up two Monet prints, re-arranged my bookshelves, and designed my desk to create a good working space. This summer I finally feel like I have a space truly my own, that fits my taste and is works better with my lifestyle. 
Here's the end result: 



All my Torrey books staring me down. It's good motivation to get off of Pinterest and read. :P




fresh farmers market flowers, calendar, and of course, dark chocolate close at hand.

It looks a little more like this when I'm actually working: 
and yes, there is always food on my desk while I'm working.

    Setting up a new space is always a good project, and the way the desk ordered my space definitely has helped motivate me to read this summer. 

hope all is well in your corner of the wide world.

~j.l.s. 

No comments:

Post a Comment