Wednesday, June 3, 2015

stand with your lover on the ending earth-

stand with your lover on the ending earth- 

and while a(huge which by which huger than 
huge)whoing sea leaps to greenly hurl snow 

suppose we could not love,dear;imagine 

ourselves like living neither nor dead these 
(or many thousand hearts which don’t and dream 
or many million minds which sleep and move) 
blind sands,at pitiless the mercy of 

time time time time time 

-how fortunate are you and i,whose home 
is timelessness:we who have wandered down 
from fragrant mountains of eternal now 

to frolic in such mysteries as birth 
and death a day(or maybe even less)

(e. e. cummings)

2 comments:

  1. Ah! You posted "Stand With Your Lover"! One of my all-time favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! I was going through my poetry folder and I found a bunch of ee cummings we had discussed last spring. I had to post one of them, and this remains one of my favorites. :)

      Delete