Monday, September 15, 2014

Triplicate

i.

I dreamed the long flight home,
saw that yours was the thought which made me smile,
drank the ocean air like elixir.
Stumbled words, laughed,
ached with threnody.

ii.

If only my arms were as strong as yours!
My solidity would then be unquestioned,
recursive rings tracing my lines.
Then the sunlight could sheet down my sides unfettered,
I could drink air,
and breathe song.

iii.

Who would have thought them sweet?
Those, those words
could bound flesh, thoughts, hope, pain?
Which one of them knew answers? and to
Which question? oh this love
both less and more, more
than I have ever known-


-R.F.B.

3 comments:

  1. These are wonderful! We should all have a poetry breakfast on your last two poems - we could all bring our new poetry in and it would be great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh yes please?! I love these, they are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete